Hello everyone! I was so lucky to be nominated for The Blogger Recognition Award 4 times! My nominators are:
Phannie at Phannie the Ginger Bookworm
Megs at Between the Pages
Diana at The Bookish Sisters
Eram at Literary Tea With ER
Thank you guys so much! Everyone go check out all of their blogs!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
HOW MY BLOG STARTED
I had been thinking for a while that I wanted to join the book community but I wasn’t sure how to go about it. I at first thought about starting a Bookstagram but quickly realized that that wasn’t for me. I don’t have the patience or the photography skills needed for Bookstagram. My friend Miranda and I were talking one night about how I could get involved in the book community and she told me that I would be really great writing reviews for a blog. She told me my passion was there and by the way I talk to her about the books I read she knew this would be the best route for me to go. A few months before I had this talk with Miranda, my boyfriend Sal told me the same thing. At that point I was too intimidated to start a blog. Well once Miranda instilled the confidence in me that I would be a good reviewer/blogger, I took the jump. Now, I know nothing about creating a blog and thank goodness my boyfriend was willing to help me create this blog. He is a genius with computers and had told me a few months back that he would help me setup a blog if I ever wanted to. So here I am today, finally a part of the book community and loving every minute of it. Without Miranda and Sal there would be no blog. I owe them everything. Thanks guys! Love you!
- Make friends! Don’t be shy! Put yourself out there and interact with other bloggers by liking and commenting on their blogs. I have made a great group of friends through twitter and I just love the thought that I have a group of people I can talk to about books.
- It’s your blog. Write about what YOU want, not what everybody else says you should. I keep my blog centered about things I want to write about and I think that’s key. Having a blog should be a hobby not a chore. You should enjoy what you’re writing about and not worrying about what other people are doing or what they think. As long as you enjoy what you are writing about, that’s all that matters.
Naty at Naty’s Bookshelf
Rihanna at Tsundoku Girl Reads
Rachel at Rachel’s Rambling Reviews
Elise at Roaming Reader
Simant at Flipping Thru Pages
Cassie at Books With Cassie
Melissa at The Perfect Honeybee
Ali at The Sunday Feeling
Em at Keystroke Blog
Laila at Lailabee
Margarida at Icthus Book Corner
Aisha at Reading to Live
Jackie at Bookworm Cafe
Cassie at Cassie Winters, Book Blogger
If you’ve already done this award, don’t worry about doing it again! Just know I think all of you are brilliant bloggers and deserve some recognition!