- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
QUESTIONS FROM MELANIE
- What is your biggest bookish pet peeve?
- I hate when book series get a cover change midway through. I like all my covers to match.
- What’s one non-bookish fact your readers don’t know about you?
- I am in a long distance relationship. My boyfriend and I live 250 miles apart.
- What’s your favorite hobby besides reading?
- Have you ever watched a movie/tv adaptation that was better than the book?
- Hmm…maybe I have but I can’t think of any off the top of my head.
- What one book do you absolutely love that’s out of your normal reading genres?
- I’m going to go with Night by Elie Wiesel. While I love reading about the Holocaust, I normally don’t read much non-fiction, but I absolutely love this book.
- If you got to pick which apocalypse you had to face, which type of apocalypse would you choose? (zombie, nuclear, etc.)
- Nuclear. I would never survive a zombie apocalypse.
- If you had a familiar, what animal would your familiar be?
- How big is your TBR?
- Massive. I have 559 books on my Want to Read shelf on Goodreads.
- If you were in a story, would you be the villain or the hero?
- What was your favorite childhood TV show?
- What one aesthetic would you say is representative of who you are? (floral, dark, bright, lace, boho, etc.)
- Dark for sure. I always wear black, I love all things horror, plus I am also quite the pessimist.
QUESTIONS FROM BEX
- Is there any film or TV show adaptation that you preferred to the book?
- Can’t think of one off the top of my head.
- Which genre of book are you least likely to pick up?
- If someone asked you to recommend one book that you think would tell them a lot about you, which would it be?
- This is a hard one. I don’t think any book describes who I am as a person, but I do have a book that helped shape me into who I am today. It’s kind of a bookish heirloom that has been passed down my family from my grandfather, to my mom, then to me. That book is Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls.
- Do you have any ambitions to be an author yourself?
- I am a reader not a writer.
- Share a favourite quote!
- “Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.” Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Shadow of the Wind
- If you could rewrite one fictional character’s ending, who would it be and what would you change?
- Fred Weasley! I would make sure he didn’t die!
- Name one fictional location you would go to if you had a portal that allowed you to visit for 24 hours.
- Tell me one thing, other than books/blogging, that you’re incredibly passionate about.
- I love psychology and learning about the brain. It was my favorite subject in school.
- What is your favourite type of weather?
- I love fall weather.
- What is your favourite genre of music?
- Anything I can dance too. I’m not too picky when it comes to music but I love to dance.
- If you could meet one person from history, who would it be? (I know this question gets used a lot but I’m always fascinated to hear answers to it!)
- Honestly, I don’t think I would want to meet anyone famous, but I would love to talk to someone who had been through the Holocaust to get a first hand story.
Choosing you lovelies because you all bring sunshine to my life! (If you’ve already done this, don’t worry about doing it again!)
Sarah from Book Hooked Nook
Dorka from Berries and Books
Lori from Reading With Lori
Megs from Between the Pages
Paige from Books and Belle
Margarida from Icthus Book Corner
Kris from Boston Book Reader
Jessica from Reading With Jessica
Cassie from Cassie Winters, Book Blogger
Olivia from Books and Big Ideas
Beth from All the Bright Places
- If you could live in any period and any place in time when and where would it be?
- What is the last book you hated and why?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is something you wish people knew about you?
- What is your favorite type of character in a book?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What is your favorite tv show?
- What is your pet peeve?
- What author would you like to meet someday?
- If you could play any Disney character in a live remake, who would you play?
- Do you plan posts ahead of time?