I was tagged by Emma from Reading Through the Night. Thank you so much for the tag! I’m so excited to finally be getting to this one! Let’s get started!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog
2. Answer the ten questions asked on this post
3. Nominate at least five people to do it also
4. Let your nominees know you nominated them
TOP THREE BOOKISH PET PEEVES
- I hate books with insta-love! It’s the greatest way to turn me off from a book! Authors, please stop doing this. It’s unrealistic and annoying.
- I really hate when book series change covers mid-series. It drives me nuts when my books don’t match. It may be superficial but I don’t care! It’s still something that irritates me.
- I really dislike movie tie-in covers. Just no. Stop it.
THREE BOOK CONFESSIONS
- So, I’m very particular when it comes to reading book series. I usually prefer to wait until the whole series is completely published so I am able to binge read them all together.
- Expanding on confession 1, if I happen to read a book before the series is complete, I ALWAYS re-read the book before reading the next installment. If it’s a trilogy, I’ll re-read the first two books before reading the third, and so on and so forth.
- I cannot eat while reading. Not only am I sloppy and afraid to get food on my books, but I also am really bad at multi-tasking.
LAST TIME YOU CRIED READING A BOOK
I don’t cry very easily, but I do tear up. The last book that made me tear up was The Order of the Phoenix. I just finished listening to the audiobook yesterday and my heart still aches every time I read it.
NUMBER OF BOOKS ON YOUR BEDSIDE TABLE
I only keep my kindle by my bed.
FAVORITE READING SNACK
I don’t eat while reading ever, but I will drink coffee or tea.
THREE BOOKS YOU’D RECOMMEND TO ANYONE
Well this is hard.
- Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
- Harry Potter series (I refuse to just choose one)
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
A PICTURE OF YOUR BOOKSHELF
I currently have two and they are not side by side. I also have stacks of books ready to fill a third bookshelf. I also have a tiny bookshelf filled with ARCs but I’m not going to put a picture up.
HOW MUCH DO BOOKS MEAN TO YOU?
Books are everything to me. When I feel sad or lonely, they are always there to cheer me up and take me on adventures.
BIGGEST READING SECRET
I didn’t finish the Harry Potter series until I was in my early 20’s. While I did start reading the books when I was 8, I never completed the entire series until I was much older.
Rose from Tea With Rose’s Tomes
Megs from Between the Pages
Dorka from Berries and Books
Ash from For the Love of Books
Sarah from Book Hooked Nook
Kris from Boston Book Reader
Jessica from Reading With Jessica