Hi guys! You know what I’m best at? Writing up tags that I’m not tagged in and totally ignoring the ones I am tagged in. Oh well! I saw this tag over at Howling Libraries and it just seemed like so much fun, so I’m jumping on the band wagon and completing it! Are any of you bloggers like me? Always completing tags that you aren’t tagged in and ignoring the ones you are tagged in? Let me know below! I need to know that I’m not alone in this! Okay, enough rambling. Let’s get on with the tag!
How many books do you usually read at once?
- At the beginning of the year, I was a 1 book kinda girl, but now that I’ve been focusing on reading more, I’ve realized I can read several books at once as long as they are on different platforms. For example, I read a physical book or e-book, listen to an audiobook in the car, and I’ve been reading classic books on an app on my phone called Serial Reader. So I’ve been averaging about 3 books at a time. Pretty good for only being able to read one book at a time just a year ago!
If you’re reading more than one book at a time, how do you decide when to switch books?
- I read my physical book or e-book when I’m at work, listen to my audiobook in the car, and with the app Serial Reader you get one issue a day at a time that you set. I have my app scheduled to give me an issue everyday at 1 pm, so I take a break from my physical book and read from the app at that time.
Do you ever switch bookmarks while you’re partway through a book?
- No. I also rarely use bookmarks so there’s that.
Where do you keep the book(s) you’re currently reading?
- Always beside me. If I’m at work, my book is with me. If I’m in the living room, my book is on the couch. If I’m in bed, it’s on my night stand. If I’m out and about, my book is in my purse. My book is always within reach.
What time of day do you spend the most time reading?
- Morning. I get to work at 8 am and usually read through til lunchtime.
How long do you typically read in one sitting?
- 2 to 3 hours. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It all depends on how I’m liking the book and how distracted I am that day. Twitter can be quite the distraction!
Do you read hardbacks with the dust jacket on or off?
- Off! Dust jackets are so annoying to keep on while reading. Plus I don’t want to ruin them! I’ve gotta keep them pretty!
What position do you mainly use to read?
- I sit in a recliner chair most of the time, but I do like to lay on my side with an e-book.
Do you take the book you’re currently reading with you everywhere you go?
- I’ve already answered this question up above. Yes. I always have my book with me.
How often do you update your Goodreads progress on the book you’re currently reading?
- I typically like to update at the end of the day. With the Serial Reader app it automatically updates for me.
Kris (even though I know you won’t get this up til like year 2055 😂)
I hope you guys enjoyed this tag! ‘Til next time!